I love a Hommus dip but this one is a little more vamped up (I hate that expression about ‘pimping’ things – do we not appreciate the usual connotation?). I think this version was inspired by Jamie Oliver. It takes an extra few minutes which are very well spent for an attractive and tasty plate – it tastes great and looks much more festive, particularly when served with fresh crusty homemade bread.
- Hommus (feel free to take an extra step and make your own)
- Good olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- Stir the Hommus and place in a bowl
- Liberally squeeze lemon juice over the top
- Liberally pour olive oil over the top
- Sprinkle with Paprika
- Grind some fresh sea salt and pepper over the top
I don’t think you’ll find much left in half an hour.