A simple tasty rustic treat for an easy but tasty brunch, lunch or even dinner.
- 2 cans (420g) corn kernels, drained (or less if you substitute something like cooked chicken for some corn)
- 6 spring onions/shallots, finely chopped
- 2 generous tablespoons of Polenta (I use a coarse grain)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Combine all ingredients other than olive oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan
- Add corn fritters in large spoonfuls. Try and keep in neat mounds by edging egg run-off back to the fritter
- Cook on first side approximately 5 minutes and 3 minutes on second side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels
- Serve with tossed salad. An addition of a tomato relish or slow roasted cherry tomatoes is a nice touch. Can also be served with crispy bacon
I have made this just with corn as well as combining with cooked chicken. Both have been delicious.